Vector Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Streets of New York

+5
Teare
Simba
of winter
frenchgirl
Severin
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 9]

101Streets of New York - Page 5 Empty Re: Streets of New York Mon Jul 21, 2008 3:28 pm

Severin

Severin
Chief of Staff
Chief of Staff

I looked at her straight in the eye now that the waitress was gone. It was time to talk business, something I am rather good at.

"Look, your talents are well known even if you are not. It was luck to I found you today but I see no reason to waste an opportune moment. I want you to work for Blackwell, work for me to be specific. I need somebody with talents and abilities. I am not quite sure what you want, if anything, But if it can be had I will make it so. If you want a quite life that is fine, but it would be a waste. I am offering you a chance to be a full blood member of the most powerful house in America if not the world. I hope that you take it."

She stared for a moment, no more. Then she spoke, "I am going to go the to restroom, I will be back shortly."

(Yes I so know that that is god modding but since Dark is gone until Friday and teare and I want to advance the plot we do not see the harm in her character disappearing for a slight amount of time. Dark can rewrite a post for what I wrote for her[not a whole lot] when she gets back, I will even put the post right after mine. This is simply a space filler for now...)

https://vectorforum.forumotion.com

102Streets of New York - Page 5 Empty Re: Streets of New York Mon Jul 21, 2008 3:56 pm

Teare

Teare
Sergeant
Sergeant

Jean returned with the bottle only to find that the woman who had ordered it was gone.
Crap, she thought, realizing that she had to directly address the owner.
While taking a deep breath to steady her hands, Jean walked to the table.
"Our best, sir, for your lady friend," she said, displaying the label for him to view. She hesitated, unsure of what to do. It was troublesome to be working out of her section; she had little training in the strict etiquette of the upper class. "May I pour you a glass, or would you like something else to drink?"

http://www.gaiaonline.com/profiles/3748948/

103Streets of New York - Page 5 Empty Re: Streets of New York Mon Jul 21, 2008 4:16 pm

Severin

Severin
Chief of Staff
Chief of Staff

"You can leave it on the table their if you like, wine is best right out of the bottle. As for me, I think I will just have an iced tea for now. But please don't make a special trip to get it, just bring it when you have to go back from the kitchen."

Something was wrong with her, but wha... ah, those small beads of sweat near the hairline are a telltale sign. Perhaps not nervous but most definitely uncertain. With a little training though she could be good, maybe I will look into it if I ever find the time.

"Please don't feel the need to wait on me hand and foot either, I will come back regardless of the service. You ought think about taking care of the old couple over their though, they seem to be wrapping up there conversation."

104Streets of New York - Page 5 Empty Re: Streets of New York Mon Jul 21, 2008 4:55 pm

Teare

Teare
Sergeant
Sergeant

Jean was dumbfounded for a moment by the candidness of the guest. She glanced at the couple he had indicated, then back to him. "Well, thanks," she muttered, staring a little bit longer than she should have. It wasn't everyday that someone caught her off guard.
She turned and went to the stairs, walking briskly so that she could get both the check and the tea before the elderly clients got aggravated.
Well, that was different, Jean thought as she plodded her way back up the stairs, a tray in hand. Her thoughts during the short trip had drifted from confused to inquisitive.
"Avez-vous aimé la nourriture?" Jean smiled warmly at the lively old couple as she placed the check on the table.
"Oui," the old man responded in his native French, "nous l'avons adoré." He slipped a hundred dollar bill in the leather-cased book for the check, and prepared to leave.
"Au revoir, monsieur. Je dirai à Carol que je vous ai vu."
"Au revoir!" the man said kindly as he entered the elevator with his wife. Jean returned to the owners table with the glass of tea.
"Thank you for your patience," she said.

105Streets of New York - Page 5 Empty Re: Streets of New York Mon Jul 21, 2008 5:10 pm

Severin

Severin
Chief of Staff
Chief of Staff

"Its alright, I don't mind."

I picked up the glass and sipped a little. Then I paused and set down the glass.

"Vous parlez bien français pour un Américain. Si je vous offre un emploi prendriez-vous? See my secretary does not speak a word of the language and I will be hosting a few prominent people from France. I need somebody to be their in case they need something. You may have to take care of the children as well, if you take the job that is. Pay is good, better then this place by far. And you may get more employ of the like if you do well. Well, what do you say?"

106Streets of New York - Page 5 Empty Re: Streets of New York Mon Jul 21, 2008 5:24 pm

Teare

Teare
Sergeant
Sergeant

"Thanks for the offer, but..."
She bit her lip, unsure of how to ask her next question without offending him.
"Will they all be vampires?"
Nervous was not a feeling that Jean was used to, but she was nervous around this man. How would she feel in a mansion full of those like him?
Jean could deal with nerves, but fear was something she simply couldn't function with.

Last edited by Teare on Mon Jul 21, 2008 5:37 pm; edited 1 time in total

107Streets of New York - Page 5 Empty Re: Streets of New York Mon Jul 21, 2008 5:30 pm

Severin

Severin
Chief of Staff
Chief of Staff

She is brave too, I was surprised. Not many people would have the courage to even mention my race, let alone ask directly. I hoped she would turn out well, the only other human employee that has ever worked out in Kayle.

"No, I will be the only one in the house. But since you may want to know, they support vampires. I wont bore you with details of the visit but it is intended to improve relations between America and France. Think of them, and me for that that matter, as emissaries."

108Streets of New York - Page 5 Empty Re: Streets of New York Mon Jul 21, 2008 6:50 pm

Teare

Teare
Sergeant
Sergeant

Jean inspected his expression, hoping that he was telling the truth. She had the fleeting, panicky thought that it might be a trap before realizing how ridiculous that was. A trap just to catch her?
Hardly.
She still didn't buy the apparently benevolent light he was shining on the whole encounter. By her reckoning, though, it wasn't really any of her business. Who was she to question where good fortune came from? It was a chance to make connections, move up in the world.
And it looked like she'd be able to buy that toaster now.
"What time is your meeting, and where?"

109Streets of New York - Page 5 Empty Re: Streets of New York Mon Jul 21, 2008 10:02 pm

Severin

Severin
Chief of Staff
Chief of Staff

At this point I smiled, the hard part was over. I would not have normally done this but being caught off guard with this engagement and having no one to fill in for Kayle's lack of experience in french this would hope to prove a good fit. I pulled out my wallet and took out two cards. The first was my personal number along with my residence, the other was Kayle's.

"This is my personal card," I said. Handing her the two cards. "The other is my personal secretary, elle s'appelle Kayle. I hope you two will get along, she is about your age if in not mistaken. You and her will pick up the Dumas family from the airport at 11 sharp tomorrow. This particular job will last for eleven days and we, Kayle and I, will evaluate how you did once it is over. The family will be staying with me at the address on my card. Kayle has an apartment one floor down with a service elevator that goes up into my home. If you would rather stay their then drive she would be more then welcome to let you stay with her. I am guessing that you don't have mush in the way of formal suits and dresses so if you like the two of you can go shopping once you are done with your sift. Don't worry about any price tags attached."

I paused at a moment, did I really want to open another human into my world? well its not like she will be missed from this job at any rate, and she seems to fit the bill in way of ability.

I took another sip of tea and looked up again.

"If you want the job its yours, if you want to think about it just call Kayle later with your decision. And you will get the same wages as Kayle does, which I am sure you will find most pleasant."

110Streets of New York - Page 5 Empty Re: Streets of New York Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:27 pm

Simba

Simba
Sergeant
Sergeant

[This is going to be short. Sorry... I'm not feeling creative at the moment..]

Charles swung a towel over his shoulder, watching his customers. He noticed that Dari was doe with her table chores. "Hey, Dari, maybe you should work on the bathrooms now."

Dari looked up at him and blinked. "Erm.. both bathrooms?"

Charles tilted his head.. "Oh! Right, Well, I'll take care of the boys bathroom this time. But next time, you have to do it. It is your job after all."

Dari nodded "Yes, thank you. I'm sorry." Her hands were trembling, she was hoping this wasn't her first big mistake..

Charles shook his head "Don't be, you're new here. Might as well make you comfortable as possible. The cleaning supplied for the bathrooms are under the sink."

Dari smiled and bowed "Thank you. I'll get working on the bathrooms right now." And she trotted off.

http://www.gaiaonline.com

111Streets of New York - Page 5 Empty Re: Streets of New York Fri Jul 25, 2008 4:31 pm

frenchgirl

frenchgirl
Major General
Major General

[I'm back, so I can take over mah chars now xD]

112Streets of New York - Page 5 Empty Re: Streets of New York Fri Jul 25, 2008 6:35 pm

spaghettiandmeatballs

spaghettiandmeatballs
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

" I am so bored with working in the backroom at Megamart" Kiba said half to himself, and half to his inconspicuous pet, Kamu a lazy tabby that often did nothing, but miraculously stayed dangerously thin. Pouring himself some Tea that his mother had sent for Christmas last year, he booted up his computer in the corner of his one room apartment, the fans quietly hummed, as he checked his emails, and the blogs of his friends.

" I suppose I'll take a look at that invite I got this morning for a formal occasion at the Blackwell place" Kiba sighed, rereading the invitation, which was the singular paper thing in his apartment, aside from owners manuals, and posters. " Looks like a legitimate invitation, I've never heard of them before, but hey I could use some excitement, what do you think Kamuchan?" His cat yawned back at him, before rising and sauntering over to her food bowl. " Alright feed you before I go, I get it." The clock flashed 4:57PM on his nightstand.

113Streets of New York - Page 5 Empty Re: Streets of New York Fri Jul 25, 2008 7:54 pm

Teare

Teare
Sergeant
Sergeant

[Woops. Forgot about this place for a little bit.]

Jean glanced at the cards as she accepted them, nodding attentively while he spoke.
"Well, thank you, er... sir," she said, a bit awkwardly now that the arrangement had been made. Accepting a new new, if temporary, job while still working at her current one was a bit outlandish to her. She tucked the cards into the small pocket on the front of her blouse.
Back to waitress mode, she thought.
"If there isn't anything else that I can do for you, I'll return as soon as your lady friend comes back."

114Streets of New York - Page 5 Empty Re: Streets of New York Fri Jul 25, 2008 8:11 pm

Severin

Severin
Chief of Staff
Chief of Staff

"That's fine with me." Then as she turned to leave. "I will talk to the floor manager when I leave, to put the job on paid leave until you are done. If you do well you can quit."

Then I drank more tea, waiting for Luna to return. One victory, but now I need the second. Will she be compliant or will she have to be forced into the house? Either way is fine with me, but I would rather have loyalty given the forced. Oh well, only time will tell. Now what do I want for lunch?

115Streets of New York - Page 5 Empty Re: Streets of New York Fri Jul 25, 2008 10:09 pm

Dark_ring_of_hope

Dark_ring_of_hope
Corporal
Corporal

Luna kicked a garbage can over once she was inside the bathroom "that argent, cocky bastard!" she growled, she couldn't believe this, she'd walked right into this mess. "damn it..."

It wasn't that she didn't mind the offer but she got tired of being used, why couldn't she simply have a friend, not an employer? sighing she before turning and walking out of the bathroom after calming down a bit and stocked over to the table

she took a deep breath "Fine, I'll take the job"

116Streets of New York - Page 5 Empty Re: Streets of New York Sat Jul 26, 2008 9:09 am

frenchgirl

frenchgirl
Major General
Major General

With a sullen mind-state Max walked in and out of the kitchen. She hadn't quite liked having the girl, it would be a problem if one of her brothers became too interested in her. She was cute and didn't seem too shy, so, there were their chances.

She watched as her brother told the wolf that we didn't needa bouncer, and when he left she walked to him. "So, you will strain her." He nodded, taking a tray of food she had forgotten was in her hand. He walked over to a table with a young wolf couple and handed them their meals. Two burgers and sprite.

"What else can we do, I suppose." He said to her, she had followed him there and followed him into th kitchen. Sean was busy tending to the broken bulbs in the mens room, while Max assumed Dari was in the girls.

"She is of mating age, I can tell that much, as dull as my senses are. Though the later it gets the more I smell. She is close to getting control, so you shouldn't have too hard a time." She watched his face closely, through it flashed embarrassment and then seriousness. He laid his large hand on her shoulder. It practically covered it entirely. She set her small hands over it and sighed.

"It isn't like any of us Can like her." He was right. But she still wondered if Sean was marked. He did seem to show some interest. When a wolf was marked by the sight of his mate he would change completely to suit her. They would be forever one after that. It doesn't always happen though. Some wolves never find their truly. Yet they still find love. And some who find love end up just hurting them if they do later become marked. It is sad for all wolves to hear of a wolf who is marked by a human. That is more rare than not finding one to begin with. It has only ever happened once. Her great Aunt was the human that marked her great Uncle. She shuddered at the thought.

[[How is that? We just use it simply when a wolf male find his Truly (which means his one true love) he is "Marked" and finds himself doing all he can to win her, once she is won they can't love any other??]]

117Streets of New York - Page 5 Empty Re: Streets of New York Sat Jul 26, 2008 12:14 pm

Severin

Severin
Chief of Staff
Chief of Staff

"Good, I had hoped you would come around. Please sit and have your wine." I then poured her a glass and motioned her to sit. "You know, once you are a member of Blackwell you are always a member of Blackwell. If you are pure you may become part of my family, that is to say, go through the brotherhood ceremony. You would be one of us, forever more. You would have our protection and our friendship, and we could provide you with anything you desire. But that is for another time..."

"The first job I have for you is a simple one. There will be a human family staying at my house this next week. In there belongings they have something I desperately want. It will be in a case with about as much security as can be given. I need that case and whatever is in it, undamaged. I know that your line of work is more centered around espionage but this will be a good test of your skills at any rate. Take some of the artwork from the rooms too, and maybe steal the cash from the wallet or something. Make it look like a cat burglary, nothing more. I will have the plans of my house given to you at the party tonight, if you want to attend that is. Will you be going?

118Streets of New York - Page 5 Empty Re: Streets of New York Sat Jul 26, 2008 12:25 pm

Dark_ring_of_hope

Dark_ring_of_hope
Corporal
Corporal

Luna nodded her head, quickly memorizing the information as she took a sip of the wine. she tried to ignore the pure thing and block it from her mind and focusing on her job. 'that information is not his concern' with that she pushed the thought away and nodded again after he finished up the details of the mission, she did no how to do suck things, she'd been told to kill a few people once in a while to so this was no big deal.

she paused at his last question, trying to remember if she had such clothes for this kind of event, she remembered a few things that could work and pressed her lips looking at him "i suppose i will" she said after a bit taking another drink from the glass.

119Streets of New York - Page 5 Empty Re: Streets of New York Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:51 pm

Umbrel

Umbrel
Private
Private

Rohon looked at his watch, time to go he thought. Dressed in a tuxedo he carried his armor and other outfits out to his car. He still didn’t know what the job required, so he would be ready. He drove to the resteraunt. Outside there was a line of people infront of the doors. At the door a man was checking people off. Rohon joined the line of people, slowly he made it to the front door.

“Name or invitation please.” The man at the door said.
“My name is Rohon Tassrak”
The man looked through the list, “Sorry sir, but since you are not on the list I must ask you to leave.”
A boy ran up to Rohon and started speaking quickly, “Master, master, you forgot your invitation. Here you go, I brought it as soon as I could.” He handed it to Rohon who then handed it to the man at the door.
“You may enter.”

“Thank you, come on lad you will attend me since you are here. Just stay out of peoples way.” Rohon then grasped the lads shoulder and steered him inside. He then led him to a empty table and sat him down putting on his sunglasses. “Now who are you? I very well don’t have a servant, and I know that I have never seen you before.” Rohon saw that it was a vampire with his glasses on. He looked around and saw that there were other vampires mingling throughout the croud. Silently he checked the hidden weapons that he had on him that he might need to use.

“My name is Sean. I am working for your hopefully new employer. He told me to wait for a man by that name to come to the door, and when he did to do what I had done. Also he gave me directions that he will come up to meet you later tonight. He will shake your hand and say, ‘Hey old friend, have you heard the recent news.’ That is when you know who it is that wants to hire you. Then he will lead you to a table and talk business. Now I must be going. I have more then one job tonight. So go and enjoy yourself before work. Good bye.” With that the lad left.
Rohon stood up and started walking, hoping that the computer in the glasses stored the conversation, the name and face.

120Streets of New York - Page 5 Empty Re: Streets of New York Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:25 pm

frenchgirl

frenchgirl
Major General
Major General

"I'm going out." Max suddenly said. The look on her brothers face was shocked. Though she felt no reason to stay. "You tell Sean for me to lock up, you already made him take care of the bathroom after you said you'd do it. Also," she reached into her pocket and pulled out two small keps on a thin metal ring. "these are Dari's room keys. One is to stay with her at all times..." she twisted around the ring and pulled off of of them. "And tell her I have one." She put the key back into her pocket." I am going to go upstairs and change."

Charles had a look of worry on his face. It was getting late out and he and his brothers would be leaving soon to their own home. Charles often worried about his only sister, for she never seemed to relax anymore. "Alright, M. But be safe." The worry on his face leaked heavily into his voice. He smiled, but it was forced. After squeezing her shoulder he left her alone to join his brothers. He would also most likely tell Dari some things too.

Through the Kitchen window she could see Charles headed for the bathrooms, she nodded. "I figured that much." She said as she thought about what she was going to do that night.

--
Charles walked to the girls room and stopped just outside, he knocked once and called, "Dari, I need to talk to you a moment, I have something for you." He said, and waited.
--

Max stood in front of her apartment door, on the front of it were a few slide in labels.

"Room 1"
"Max Quicke, Sean Quicke."
"Landlord, Bar Owner"

Hung around her neck was a medium size chain necklace made completely of steel, Max reached under her shirt and fished it out. Hanging from the chain was an old fashioned key about two inches long. Max bent down and stuck it into the lock. Turning and listening as the gears inside opened up.

Once opened Max quickly tucked the key away. She hadn't ever changed the locks from her room because she and Sean had only ever lived in it. But when people moved in and out of the apartments she was forced to change those locks for safety reasons for the next residents. She was after all liable for any robberies in the building. It was in the contract.

Max had always admired the old locks though, so she kept them and their keys on a shelf in her room. Max gripped the old fashioned metal handle and gave it a hard twist. It sort of squeaked and rattled, but it was strong.

Inside the apartment was dark, only the evening sun lit anything up. She slid her right arm against the wall until her fingers hit a familiar object, flickering on the lights in the room. She smiled at her home, and closed the door behind her.

121Streets of New York - Page 5 Empty Re: Streets of New York Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:48 am

Simba

Simba
Sergeant
Sergeant

You could hear Dari shuffle around in there. "Just a minute!" She had one more sink to do. She wanted everything to shine on the first day of work.
After getting the grime out of the sink, she put all the cleaning supplies back under the sink where they first were.
Standing back up, she washed her hands until she was sure they were clean too.
After drying them, she walked out of the girls bathroom, looking up to see Charles.
"Yeah? What's up?"
She looked a little worried at first, but then took a deep breath.

122Streets of New York - Page 5 Empty Re: Streets of New York Wed Jul 30, 2008 4:24 pm

frenchgirl

frenchgirl
Major General
Major General

"What's up? Children are very odd..." He looked up, not quite getting it at first and then remembering. "Right." His face turned red, he turned around to avoid her seeing, but held out the key to her. "This is your house key. You've a bed, toilet, tub and sink. And a kitchenette with a refrigerator and there isn't a dish washer. It is smaller than the top floor that Max and Sean share, but it is clean. Everything works too." He was facing her now. He didn't really smile, but he let the corner of his mouth pull up a bit.

"You will need to purchase everything else, from dishes, to clothes... You can do that with tip money. Your work here is what pays the rent, so you are on your own for everything else. Do you understand?" He asked firmly. "Oh, and you will need this to get access to the stairs that lead to your room." He handed her another key. She now had two keys. One to get to the stair case which leads to the middle floor, and another to get into her room.

EDIT:
(Forgot to add a little detail!)

----
Ballerina and I are making up floor plans!
WIP

Last edited by frenchgirl on Wed Jul 30, 2008 5:51 pm; edited 1 time in total

123Streets of New York - Page 5 Empty Re: Streets of New York Wed Jul 30, 2008 5:06 pm

Teare

Teare
Sergeant
Sergeant

[It's hard to paint a floor plan with words. Here's what I had in mind; clicky. Edit: Tavern floor plan; clicky.
Top Floor Plan: Joce Made]
[I'll post with Jean sometime later. My writing brain is taking a vacation at the moment.]

124Streets of New York - Page 5 Empty Re: Streets of New York Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:43 am

frenchgirl

frenchgirl
Major General
Major General

(Okay, so the Cafe is a few miles away from the beach. So it is in with the smaller and older buildings. And it is not on a corner, there are just spaces between each building. There are five buildings on the block, Cafe in the middle. This is a mostly wolf residential area. With many businesses like the Cafe. Bakery's, Deli, drugstore... You know? All the buildings in the area are about 3-4 stories tall.

STREET
[B1]a[B2]a[B3]a[B4]a[B5]
Bigger Ally
[B1]a[B2]a[QC]a[B4]a[B5]
STREET

B: building
QC: Quicke Cafe
a: Little Ally

See? How is that?)

125Streets of New York - Page 5 Empty Re: Streets of New York Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:05 am

Simba

Simba
Sergeant
Sergeant

Dari took both keys, looking down at her outfit for pockets.
She found a couple pockets on the sides of her pants. She slipped both of the keys in there, until she could buy a key ring.
"Thanks. I'm pretty sure I'll be able to go get food and dishes"
She turned around to go toward the locked door to the stairs. She turned her head around "Oh yeah, and can you tell Max that I really appreciate what you all are doing for me?" She smiled and reached into her pocket, pulling out one of the keys, and unlocking the door to the stairs. When she went through, it locked on it's own.
She got to the top of the stairs. Looking around for her room.
She finally found it after about a minute, unlocking it. She never felt more at home, as she looked around with a big smile on her face.

Last edited by Simba on Fri Aug 01, 2008 11:41 am; edited 1 time in total

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum