Vector Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Streets of New York

+5
Teare
Simba
of winter
frenchgirl
Severin
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 9]

1Streets of New York Empty Streets of New York Fri Jun 27, 2008 5:24 pm

Severin

Severin
Chief of Staff
Chief of Staff

Right, this is our forums first RP so be kind to it. This RP is based off the idea that vampires and werewolves do exist. Furthermore in our RP the vampires are in the upper class of society.

Then comes the humans, who physically can not compete but do to recent technological breakthroughs now have the power to fight what they would call "the forces of darkness". They would lose every time to s vampire or a werewolf in single combat but small teams of three or four will be able to match a single being of another race.

In the lower middle class of society come the werewolves, they tend to blend in more with the humans which makes hunting them much harder. They, unlike the vampires which run almost like a mafia, are more like a street gang. Where the vampires have one strong central organization the wolves have many small factions.

The RP is set in the near future so weapons and the like are not much more advanced then they are now. The technology that the humans have to aide in there combat of the dark ones, mentioned above, is a suit bearing close resemblance to the one worn in Iron Man. It can not fly however, it simply uses hydrolics to give the user added strength and agility.

As to weapons, I am simply going to compile a list of all the usable ones and if you have one you would like to add simply PM me and if I think its good then I will add it.

-guns:
Pistols
Rifles
SMGs
Assault rifles
-Blades:
Swords
Knives
Daggers
-Thrown weapons:
Throwing Knives
Flash Bang Grenades
-Other:
Bows

This RP is set in New York 2040

https://vectorforum.forumotion.com

2Streets of New York Empty Re: Streets of New York Fri Jun 27, 2008 5:28 pm

Severin

Severin
Chief of Staff
Chief of Staff

Send me your character sheets via a PM and I will add them here...

__________________________________________________________________________________

User: Severin
Name: Tristan
Race: Vampire
Skin Type: Pale white
Hair: Light brown, short cut
Build: slim but fit
Dress: Casual suits
Weapon of choice: Rapier/Twin Revolvers
Personality: Calm, Smart and Brave

User: Frenchgirl
Name: Max Quicke
Race: Werewolf
Skin Type: Tan, pinkish
Hair: Auburn
Build: 5 feet tall, small and fit
Dress: Tanks and jeans, fingerless gloves
Weapon of choice: Bow and Katana, dagger
Personality: Outgoing? Shy? It Depends...
Were Form: Brown wolf, 6 feet tall

User: Of Winter
Name: Elliot Rehuned
Skin Type: Pale white
Hair: Brown Realitivly short
Build: slim but fit
Dress: As fits the situation
Weapon of choice: Pistol/Rapier/Knife/Assult Rifle (depends on situation)
Personality: Smart,Ruthless, Detached

User: Monk of Majere
Name: Gregory Johnson
Race: Human
Skin Type: Dark skin, dotted with many scares
Hair: Black, Cut Short
Build: Tall, Somewhat Muscular
Dress: Simple Working Class Outfits
Weapon of choice: Longsword, Assault Rifle, Handgun
Personality: Brave, wise, and worldly. At times gruff, perhaps to a fault. Stubborn as hell.

User: Teare
Name: Jean Reagan
Skin Type: White
Hair: Frizzy brown, just above the bottom of the shoulder blades
Eyes: Hazel
Build: Short side of average height, average build (yeah, not a stick XD)
Dress: Worn jeans and tank-tops
Weapon of choice: Carries a switch blade, but doesn't really know how to use it.
Personality: Easy-going, not likely to think about the big picture, practical, and independent

User: Simba
Name: Dari
Skin Type: White, fair
Hair: Short black hair
Build: Normal human size.
Dress: Old, slightly torn clothes.
Weapon of choice: Staff
Personality: Lonely, independent, quiet, seemingly meek, kind, caring, sympathetic, protective.

User: Umbrel
Name: Rohon Tassrak
Occupation: Daytime sells rare and odd goods both old and new. But is a mercenary for hire.
Skin type: Tanned, Olive skin
Hair: Black with a white streak that starts above the right eye
Build: Average height, muscular build, a bit slim
Dress: A black trench coat with sunglasses, gloves, leather boots
Weapon of Choice: Recurve Bow, Shamshir Scimitar, Twin Daggers, and (occasionally sniper rifle, for the delicate situations)
Personality: loyal, calm, quiet, smart/ strategic

User: Dark_ring_of_hope
Name: Luna
Skin Type: healthy White
Hair: Copper, to middle of back with white bangs
Build: slim and muscular
Dress: Dark purple leather jacket, white turtle neck and jeans
Weapon of choice: long hand knife and shot gun
Personality: flows her orders, cunning, caring, never gives up
extra: in rather funny when she drinks and is not a morning person (had to put something odd in there) cat

User: Shirogen Hika
Name: Shin
-fur in werewolf form: deep Grey-
Skin Type: Tan
Hair: Black hair, yellow highlights
Build: built, but not overly built.
Dress: Grey Duster, light-Grey dress shirt, black worn in fadora, goth style pants with a few chains.
Weapon of choice: Dual katanas, and 2 shiva ki [looks like the top two of this picture http://www.defensereview.com/stories/shivaki/Shiva%20Ki%20Mercs_1.jpg ]
Personality: Brave, Smart, Courageous, goofy, friendly, loyal, cocky and stubborn to a fault at times

User: SpaghettiandMeatballs
Name: Kiba Menkai
Skin Type: Asian
Hair: long straight black/brown Hair pulled back with a
leather tie
Build: Tall, broad shouldered,
Dress: Baggy T-shirt with comfortable beige worn slacks
Weapon of Choice: (During plot Development) AK-47
(Assault Rifle), (pistol)Baretta combo, (Beginning)
Grandfather's Katana

User: SpaghettiandMeatballs
Name: Alphonse Miller
Skin Type: Caucasian
Hair: Short brown military buzzcut
Build: slender, tall, flexible
Dress: Brownish-gray Trenchcoat with black beanie (Civilian
Weapon of Choice: Powersuit with Modified PPSH and Desert Eagle

Last edited by Severin on Sun Aug 10, 2008 12:11 pm; edited 8 times in total

3Streets of New York Empty Re: Streets of New York Fri Jun 27, 2008 11:47 pm

frenchgirl

frenchgirl
Major General
Major General

Alone in her tavern, young Max cleaned the dirtied counters as her brother left the bar. "Don't stay out all night, those blood suckers won't like it. Be safe." And he left through the back door, the front door was barred and locked now. The sun had set an hour earlier so it was semi-safe for the wolves to go out. Max yearned to run, to be in her fur. She sighed as she put the cloth away and shut off the lights. She took one more look at her little tavern and left through the back door, locking it.

The city was always quiet at night, vampires and wolves were very good at keeping quiet, and the humans knew it would never be safe for them at night. After passing through a few allies she finally stopped. She stood before a tiny black car, it looked like crap but Max loved it all the same. She pulled out her old key and opened the passenger door.

Moments later, after locking her car, her body began to shift. Because of her doing it for so long her bones no longer cracked and her joined slid silently as she transformed. Her little army tank top and dark long jeans blended into her skin as fur grew out. Her nose grew out too, turning dark and wet. Her small ears perked up and moved up. Max's feet grew long and so did her hands. Soon she was full in her fur. It was not thick fur like others, but it was sleek and good for getting wet and then drying quick. She tucked her car keys tightly in a compartment under her little black car.

After securing her possessions Max darted through the streets of the city. Her light body color flashed as she ran from shadow to shadow. Her chest and stomach was a light shade of brown, along with her toes and entire tail. The rest of her body was a dark shade of brown. Much like her hair. Her eyes caught most of the light though.

Max loved running through the city at night, no humans to get in the way as she ran through the streets.

She stopped running though because something caught her eyes. Stopping in front of a dumpster she stared all around her, keeping well in the shadows of the giant green trash bin. Then she saw him. A vampire walking toward her. Or at least, he smelled of vampire. Her fur perked up and her teeth bared. She waited to see what he would do, if he did see her.

4Streets of New York Empty Re: Streets of New York Sat Jun 28, 2008 12:38 am

Severin

Severin
Chief of Staff
Chief of Staff

The rusty door of the blood bank closed behind me. This one was cleverly concealed in the back of an old brick apartment building. I would normally never stop on this side of town but I needed a fix, and this was the closest place. I looked down to make sure my shoes did not get any serious grim on them as I walked down the stairs, but a scent caught my nose.

My head flicked up as my hand pulled out a Smith and Wesson revolver all in one fluid motion. My eyes focused in on a dark brown wolf, with a lighter underbelly. My eyes flicked to my own cloths for a moment. I was wearing a nice pinstriped blazer with black shirt and a red tie, my pants were pressed and clean.

I was going to one of my largest clubs tonight and wanted to make a good impression with the guests. So I looked the wolf straight on and said in a whisper I knew it could hear.

"Take one step further and you will be dead dog. This is our territory and coming any farther will alert all of the guards inside. I don't want a fight, I have better things to do this evening and would rather get going. Go back where you came and nobody gets hurt."

We starred at one another for only a moment more until I broke eye contact and walked to my car. It was a quarter of an hour later, while speeding done the freeway in my '68 MGB roadster that I realized It could have had the jump on me. And if it had, I would probably be dead.

Last edited by Severin on Sat Jul 05, 2008 2:38 am; edited 1 time in total

5Streets of New York Empty Re: Streets of New York Sat Jun 28, 2008 8:24 am

frenchgirl

frenchgirl
Major General
Major General

After checking to make sure the coast was clear, sniffing around for any more "leeches", Max finally came out of the shadows and darted towards the beach. It would be a good hour before she got there, running at top speed but having to constantly avoid vampires along her run. The never came to the beach for some reason, so, it is where her kind met up. Most families stayed together as a pack and only mingled with others at night.

Max arrived in time for the bonfire, usually this is where people told their hunting tales, but tonight Max could tell not many would be speaking. The smell was on the way, a vampire or human got to one of the wolf kind, Max most likely would have killed off every human and vampire in her hyper form. That is an extreme form used only at the utmost of needs. The chances of being human again are one to one thousand, that is how werewolves go rogue. Max had a bit of a temper, but she has never been close to her strongest state.

In the distance toward the dark water a hand, paw, flew up and signaled Max over. She ran across the sand without making a single noise. She grasped her arms around her Much larger brother Daniel. "Oh, I could smell him for miles, who was it? He smelled like no one I have met."

"Max." His body devoured young Max as he hugger her back. She was just able to get a peek at her three other brothers. Her parents were long dead. Werewolves didn't keep count of their age, all they knew was that is was slowed down exponentially, but they didn't live forever like a vampire could.

One of the brothers, Thomas, was a red wolf, he was the family alpha, he always kept to himself. He spoke only when he needed to, ever since the brutal murder of their parents he has been this way. The other three brothers looked a lot like Max.

Daniel let go and smiled at her. "He was a new comer to New York. He belonged to the Moon clan." A clan is a group of wolf family members, Max was last in command in her Quicke Clan. "New he was, his family has been here for a long time. They are the ones grieving at the fire. We are going to pay our respects to them, as soon as the moon reaches the middle of the sky. So be ready." Max nodded a quick nod. Her two other brothers stood up and walked over, one of them was on all fours tonight.

The one who stood was Charles, he was all brown, much like Max's dark fur, he had the same pale blue eyes as well. All of us did except for Thomas of course, who had their moms colors, his eyes were green.

Max looked down at her third brother. He and her were technically twins but with wolves that doesn't mean anything. They were just the last two to be born together before their parents died. Tom, Charles and Daniel were all born at the same time, but none of them looked alike.

He whined and nudged her hand, it absently stroked his muzzle light brown. But she finally gave in and knelt to his height.

"I see you made it through the city safe tonight. You didn't get into any trouble did you?" He asked me. I looked over him quickly, catching how blotchy his body was, he was a whole other sort of brown. He has a light face and stomach and random shades of brown all over his body. It was so random sometimes his colors seemed to change.

"No, Sean. The bar is locked and ready to start business tomorrow." They co-owned the bar, Sean and Max Quicke. The tavern is called the Quicke Cafe, even though they only sell beer, soda and wine. She smiled at her brother, whose eyes shown like little blue stars in his oddly colored fur.

6Streets of New York Empty Re: Streets of New York Wed Jul 02, 2008 10:40 am

frenchgirl

frenchgirl
Major General
Major General

Max looked immediately from her brothers eyes. She turned her great head towards the moon which slowly rose to th center of the sky. She turned back down to face her brothers. Her twin now stood up, so Max followed. They all moved towards the small clan in the center of the beach, the ones who surrounded the fire. They stood, obviously tired but stood. There were six of them, most of them were black, one female had Grey hair from age. I could smell her rank was high in her family clan.

Their family surrounded the circle, holding each others hands. Their tails between their legs, ready to give them selves to the sacred moon of the wolven people. The other families, twelve including the Quicke clan, surrounded the center family. They stood in lines from alpha to the lowest member, which made Max in the outermost ring of the circle.

In unison every wolf brought their head up, exposing their most vulnerable part of their bodies, the neck. And then the howls had begun. This was a ceremony which all wolves participated in to help the wolf who died gain entrance into what was believed to be a sort of heaven for their kind.

The howl started from the center ring first, then the other clan's alphas, then the second in command and so on until it reached the last ring. Max put all her thought and energy into her howl. Her voice joined the rest in a sad but harmonic tone.

The group howl only lasted a moment, because how they were gathered and positioned left them all as good as dead. But once the howl ended, and after another moment of silence each family broke away into the darkness of the city.

It only took a few seconds before the beach was nearly empty. The only ones left were the members of the Quicke clan. Max and her brothers.

"You are not coming?" Asked Daniel as if was reading her mind , she nodded. They closed their eyes for a moment and then looked at her. "Be safe little one. The Mon clan will be hunting tonight, if you get in the way, you will die, nothing can stop a family who has lost one of their own to a leech or human. Remember that we aren't close to anyone but family. Remember. Keep your senses open."

((EDIT:))

Charles nodded, and Thomas only stared. This was typical for Max. She gave her twin a quick hug before they ran off into the distance. They headed toward her brothers middle class home, it was big because the three brothers need the room, but they didn't have expensive things inside. Her three older brothers lived in the more suburban area surrounding New York City. She and Sean shared the top floor above her tavern. It was a simple building, two room on the middle floor, tavern on the bottom and the one room on the top floor. Sean would most likely stay the night with them tonight, as he often did.

((:END EDIT))

Max sighed and walked to the shore. Her small, small for a were wolf, furry body slipped into the water. As she touched the water she let her fur come off and her body turn human again. Her clothes clung to her and floated around her as she entered the water. She finally dove in, dunking her head deep under the oceans waves. She shrunk in size by a foot ut washed away her wolven smell.

She floated on the waves a while, smelling the rich salty sea and listening to the ocean liners passing by for trade with America. the waves took her body and carried her to shore. Max loved the ocean, she loved that it felt good on her body and the fact the moon seemed to control it. That made her feel safe in the water.

She stood up and rung her wet clothes which were now clinging to her body more than ever. She was strong, but small, and she definitely had muscles more defined then a regular human female would.

She walked over to the still lit bonfire and held herself close to it, hoping it would be kind and dry her off soon.

(Please excuse my jumping from first person to third, I am used to writing in third so give me a while so I can fit myself into third person... Thanks x3)

Last edited by frenchgirl on Mon Jul 07, 2008 9:42 pm; edited 1 time in total

7Streets of New York Empty Re: Streets of New York Wed Jul 02, 2008 5:08 pm

of winter

of winter
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

OCC: What version of the legends are we taking for vampires and werewolves? Are vampires harmed by garlic, can they move around in the day without any powers or are we presuming only at night? Harmed by crosses? Are Werewolves only werewolves on the full moons? What are we going by, there are a lot of different versions.

8Streets of New York Empty Re: Streets of New York Thu Jul 03, 2008 1:04 pm

frenchgirl

frenchgirl
Major General
Major General

of winter wrote:OCC: What version of the legends are we taking for vampires and werewolves? Are vampires harmed by garlic, can they move around in the day without any powers or are we presuming only at night? Harmed by crosses? Are Werewolves only werewolves on the full moons? What are we going by, there are a lot of different versions.

Mark and I decided when making this thread that werewolves can change at will at night. I don't think we allow them to at day time. And you don't need to moon. But you will have to ask him about the vampire thing... Werewolves also are, like real wolves, in family groups but only meet with others in times of need, like the "ceremony" they aren't close friends with many outside their family unless it is love. I am sure that is how these werewolves will be anyways.

9Streets of New York Empty Re: Streets of New York Thu Jul 03, 2008 7:35 pm

Severin

Severin
Chief of Staff
Chief of Staff

Right... to answer your question here is a simple list:

Vamps:
-can go out in sunlight but become as weak as humans, so they do not unless they must.
-are not harmed by garlic, crosses, or holy water.
-harmed by blades and/or bullets of silver that some in contact with the bloodstream.
-will be paralyzed only if a stake of ash is driven into there heart.
-will die if decapitated or shot in the heart by something made of silver.
-they are extremely strong and have very very good eyesight and sniffing abilities.
-unable to turn into fog, mist, bats, dogs, or any other creature.
-they are silent.
-can heal any wounds if given blood and a day or so.

Wolves:
-able to turn on any night, with/without the full moon.
-like vamps, as weak as humans during the daytime.
-when transformed they look more like a wolf then a human, and they do not look like the gigantic monsters from all the old movies.
-harmed by silver.
-At the full moon they are stronger then they normally are.

Last edited by Severin on Sat Jul 05, 2008 2:35 am; edited 1 time in total

10Streets of New York Empty Re: Streets of New York Fri Jul 04, 2008 6:09 pm

of winter

of winter
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

That was preaty much what I was looking for. I'm going to be gone all of next week so I'll start writing my character when I get back.

11Streets of New York Empty Re: Streets of New York Sat Jul 05, 2008 2:57 am

Severin

Severin
Chief of Staff
Chief of Staff

I pulled up to the front of the Americana building. At the top was do or die, one of my many clubs. A man walked up and opened my door when I came to a stop, I handed him the keys and four Benjamins as a tip. As I got out another opened the door to the lobby and I was met by Kayle Allen , my personal secretary.

"Good evening Mr.Blackwell, you have two messages for you and I have Jean-Paul on the phone like you asked. Would you like to speak with him now?"

"Yes, put him on."

She handed me her cellphone and I heard a french being yelled from the earpiece.

"You bastard, what the hell do you want at this hour?"

"I need you to talk to the Clemente family and offer them one hundred and forty billion euro for there loyalty. Tell them that we need to be strong, not shattered, and the house of Blackwell can offer them more if need be. Now I have to go, don't call this number until you have achieved your mission. I will send a man after you if you fail again."

I hung up and waved Kayle away when she tried to give me the other messages. I got into the elevator and hit the button for the fifty seventh floor. As I went higher and higher the beat began to flow into the elevator car, and when the doors opened I saw the hundred or so members of my house. All of them having a very very good time.

Last edited by Severin on Sat Jul 05, 2008 9:31 pm; edited 1 time in total

12Streets of New York Empty Re: Streets of New York Sat Jul 05, 2008 9:01 pm

frenchgirl

frenchgirl
Major General
Major General

Max took in a deep breath and sighed. Her voice echoes through the sigh in a way that made it sound sad. She has never lost anyone besides her mother and father. She never met her parents siblings so she didn't know their location or welfare.

With her sigh she stood. Her small body only caught glimpses of the fading fire's light. She stretched and began to search for a bucket. There were two next to the fire pit. Max grabbed the larger of the two and headed for the ocean. The full moon was now started to sink through the sky, but it would still be hours until it was gone.

Her feet dipped into the calm and small waves and she bent over to gather the foamy white water into the bucket. It was pretty large, but it was no problem for her. No matter a werewolves size they were always strong. Except in the day time. After she filled the bucket she walked it silently over to the fire and poured it over the embers and one burning log.

It hissed in complained as the light dimmed. Only the moon and stars lit the sky. She dropped the bucket into the sand where it once was and walked herself back onto the sidewalks leading to the city. She had a strong urge to dance.

"But which club should I go to tonight?"

13Streets of New York Empty Re: Streets of New York Sat Jul 05, 2008 10:07 pm

Severin

Severin
Chief of Staff
Chief of Staff

My impression had been made. Eyes turned and comments were made about my nice, hand tailored suit. People started to collect around me to say hello. many of them I just nodded away but a few, like Stephanie or Jenna I smiled and said hello to.

See a house in our terms is of turned humans ruled by a family of pure bloods. In our case my father started the House of Blackwell. He was killed by the humans more then a century ago. It took almost one hundred and fifty men to take him down, and he killed more then half during the process. A man by the name of Johnson had led the group that attacked and killed my father. Needless to say he died in the brutal attack and the house hunted down his son was killed thirty years later as his son was after that. But the great grandson, by the name of Gregory still lived in New York and had the family trade passed to him before his fathers death.

Revenge had been put on the back burner though, now there were more important things to work out. Since the death of my father, the families that made up the hierarchy of vampire nobility had splintered and warred for control like mafias over neighborhoods but on a global scale. The wolves had taken advantage and made inroads into our hunting ground, and most worrisome was the development of the combat suits now worn by hunters around the world. The human governments, which by unspoken agreement we did not meddle with, no sponsored the killing of my people.

What I needed was a wolf, willing to help my kind, in order to beat back the aggressive humans once and for all. Then an idea stork me. Just as fast as I came in I left, the Valet had my car read, this time a black Tesla Roadster soft top. I drove as fast as I could back to the blood bank. I got out and started to sniff around. Quickly I caught the scent of that dog I almost shot earlier and fallowed it back to its source. I came to a hole in the wall bar and took note of the address. I went back, got my car, and waited until morning.

14Streets of New York Empty Re: Streets of New York Sun Jul 06, 2008 2:03 pm

frenchgirl

frenchgirl
Major General
Major General

It was dark in the club, music beating, lights flashing only to expose a person for less than a second at a time. This was a were club, it was non sexual because they considered love a very personal thing. The dancing was good, no grinding like in a humans club. Some of the wolves were in form others in their human skin. The drinks were spicy and the music was fast.

Max was found in the dead center in her human skin. She liked it better that way sometimes. But she didn't much like humans, or that she was related to a human in her own family. The thought of a human falling in love with her great aunt was horrible. Max hated her great aunt who was human and a her cousins who were too. They were all human children, none of them were blessed to get the gene that made them wolf. But wolf blood was in their veins. But Max was grateful to be, herself, pure.

She also did not like her uncle who was wolf. They were disowned long ago, long before Max or her brothers were born. Max shook off the thought though and danced.

The club stayed open all night, so Max decided she would dance until morning, and let her brother take care of the tavern until she arrived.

(If this is confusing at all tell me and I will re-write it, Kay?

Brother of her Great Grandmother was Wolf
He fell in love with a human and they had children
The children did not receive the gene that would make them wolf
Two children, both male, her second cousins, still alive? unknown)

15Streets of New York Empty Re: Streets of New York Mon Jul 07, 2008 12:43 pm

frenchgirl

frenchgirl
Major General
Major General

It was around 10 am, three hours after the Tavern should have opened, when Max walked through the alley way behind her bar. Her little car was still sitting there, she pulled on the handles, still locked. She reached under the car and grabbed the keys she kept there for safe keeping. Even though the car was old and dying ad had nothing inside of it, she still elt a need to keep it safe.

The full mooned night had ended, and soon she would be as weak as ever once the new moon rose. She could still form, but not at her most powerful. During the day all traces of wolf were gone.

Something about the sun made it hard to form, so no one tried. Using her keys she unlatched the back door and entered her little taverns kitchen. We prepared simple meals here, sandwiches, pasta sometimes and a lot of chicken.

Since Max didn't like fighting, though she would if she was forced to, she allowed humans and vampires into her tavern. But it was usually full of wolves. If she was caught discriminating against other species, too, she would be caught and killed. Her and her family were notorious hiders, and when it came to the humans, they were practically air.

"Good morning, Brother." She said as she walked through the two-way door. He smiled, but he was tense. Max laughed when she saw how busy it was. "I am sorry, I had a rather late night." She patted his shoulder and helped with the orders. He was over whelmed with customers today. They had a few humans and a few wolves. Maybe seventeen total. The wolves didn't like the humans there, but they loved our tavern, so they put up with it. And even though Vampires were allowed inside, none had ever set foot inside. This the wolves were very happy for.

(Keep in mind, A vampire and Wolf in the day time are practically humans, their strength is very weak, do not Dare start a fight in my bar, got it?)

16Streets of New York Empty Re: Streets of New York Mon Jul 07, 2008 6:53 pm

Severin

Severin
Chief of Staff
Chief of Staff

I woke up. I was still in my car, it had not been towed, and it was the next day. Even vampires need to sleep, and not having done so in two or three days made me rather tired when it came down to waiting for something.

I got out of the car and surveyed the surroundings. Yeah, the same street with the same bar. Walking over I checked my pistols just to make sure they were loaded. As I reached for the door a drunk came waltzing out. He was clearly human though the sent of those dogs was all over him. As I went inside heads turned. The wolves looked at me with contempt and the humans with awe that a man dressed as I was would come into a place this far away from central park.

I sat at an empty bar stool and looked at the man behind the counter. He stared for a moment and knew who and what I was.

"Give me a whiskey on the rocks, and keep them coming."

"Yes sir."

He poured me a glass but was slightly hesitant, he kept looking at the woman helping tend the bar. I looked at her straight on and our eyes met for an infinitesimally small second, but I knew that she was the one I was after.

17Streets of New York Empty Re: Streets of New York Mon Jul 07, 2008 10:06 pm

frenchgirl

frenchgirl
Major General
Major General

"I will take care of this customer Sean, you need to take the garbage out." Sean grunted and left the glass to Max, she continued to fill it and then set in in front of the Vampire.

"I would advise you to not cause any trouble OK?" She was sort of trembling, she bent down and organized the shelves a bit to keep calm. At that moment a human sat down at the bar and began to order, Sean took care of him. To Max he smelled very dirty, like a drunk. She wrinkled her nose but looked away. The vampire didn't have much of a smell to Max, which was curious to her, but she only assumed that it was because her senses were dimmed because it was the daytime. From what she could smell though he obviously took more care of himself than the drunk sitting next to him.

"Each glass is three-twenty." She told the vampire. Max didn't own a dump of a tavern, that was for sure. She brewed a lot of her own blends of drinks, and imported good wine from a man in Italy. They were good acquaintances, he was human of course, and he let her have the left over batches for cheap, even though they were still exceptional batches.

Sean vanished, after taking care of the drunk mans orders, behind the kitchen two-way door to take care of the trash. This had made Max a little more than nervous.

18Streets of New York Empty Re: Streets of New York Mon Jul 07, 2008 10:37 pm

Severin

Severin
Chief of Staff
Chief of Staff

I pulled out a checkbook and filled in everything but the price.

"fill the number out once I'm done," then pulling out a business card,"and here is my private number along with a street address in case you don't trust my ability to pay a blank check."

I looked around and saw furtive glances coming my direction on all sides.

"I would be more worried about your patrons causing trouble then me. They look ready to kill on site, Do you really command there respect to the extent that they wont attack me? look, I came here to ask a few question. Whether you answer them or not is up to you, but I could make it worth your while."

19Streets of New York Empty Re: Streets of New York Mon Jul 07, 2008 10:48 pm

Simba

Simba
Sergeant
Sergeant

Dari walked endless miles to find a place to finally rest.
Her clothes were worn and torn from the long walk. She didn't even knew where she was. Although, she did feel a breeze of fresh ocean air. 'It must be on the coast, I suppose..' She thought to herself. Following the ocean shore, in find of a place to stay.
Long hours have passed while following the shore line, she saw a line building tops, she could also hear the cars zooming by.
A city! she gasped in excitement. It has been ages since she has seen one.

By the time she got to the city, it was early morning.
There was one building that caught her eye. She shrugged and crawled into the ally way of the building. A dumpster was right next to her, but what did it matter?
She was tired.
She pressed her back against the wall and slid down until she was sitting on the cold floor.

Leaning her staff against the wall, and resting her head on her knees.
She finally closed her dark-rimmed eyes... But it wasn't long till she heard a faint noise, she opened her eyes to look.
Her eyes were quite strange, her left eye was brown and her right eye was light blue.
Her short, ragged hair fell in her face, wrapping her arms around her sides.
"Who's there?"

A rattling noise came from the dumpster.
Just then.. A mouse, hopped out of the trash.

Dari sighed in relief, putting her head back down on her knees, wrapping her arms around herself for warmth.

"Please let tonight be as safe as it was yesterday.." She quietly whispered to herself.

Every day, she had to avoid the danger of other werewolves and vampires. Covering her scent with the natural smells of her surroundings. Basically she smelt BAD. But it was good enough cover to help her survive.

Every day and every night, she would think to herself 'Why am I a werewolf, and not the rest of my family?'

The answer to that, was that hundreds of years ago, there was a werewolf who mated with one of her ancestors, every generation always had a human. So they suspected they had no worries of another were. Then it was forgotten many years later.
Dari, however, was the black sheep of her family, because of that distant gene.
Since the fact of a Were in the gene pool was forgotten, only her mother cared for her strange behaviors, and sudden changes into a "dog-like-thing" they called it.
Her mother had no choice but to send her on her what when she was 14 years of age.

And she has been on the streets every since then.

Last edited by Simba on Sun Jul 13, 2008 11:32 am; edited 2 times in total

http://www.gaiaonline.com

20Streets of New York Empty Re: Streets of New York Mon Jul 07, 2008 10:52 pm

frenchgirl

frenchgirl
Major General
Major General

"I have made it clear to all my costumers that fighting will not be allowed in this bar, they know very well..." She looked around at everyone in the bar, then straight into the vampire eyes. "They know I allow all into my tavern. What business could you possibly have here with me though?" Max shot a glare at a few people in the corner, they looked away from her,but they still scowled at the vampire.

She glanced at the blank check. Then sighed. She simpled turned around to face the faucets behind the bar on the wall, and lifted her left arm. She erected her her hand and index finger and pointed to a sign on the wall to the left. It read: "Cash and Debit Only."

"We have been given too many false checks, so whether you have proof or not I will not allow them in my bar." She said flatly. Her back was still turned to him. She breathed hard, she hated these creates less than the humans, but still...

Why would someone of his extreme wealth and position want to come into my little tavern? Unless...

"Does this have anything to do with the murder of the Moon boy? Are you out to kill more wolves? Because if you are I wouldn't dare give you any information on the whereabouts of his family. But I do warn you, to whoever killed him, his family is out to find and destroy them..." She stated in a harsh but silent whisper.

Max mistook him for someone who was after the rest of the Moon clan, she glared at him, now facing him and leaning over the bar. Her hands were in tight fists, but she wasn't quite face to face with him... yet... Everyone was silent in the bar, except for the humans.

21Streets of New York Empty Re: Streets of New York Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:49 pm

Teare

Teare
Sergeant
Sergeant

"Bonjour Monsieur, Madame, would you like something to drink tonight?" Jean said politely, adding a slight French accent.
The accent, of course, was fake. She picked it up in her High School French class, along with a rough fluency in the language itself. The tourists ate it up anyway. The middle-age couple she was serving were far too excited to be regulars to the restaurant; this was a real outing for them. Jean could tell, and she used it to milk them for tips.
Hey, they're expecting to pay the money, she thought, and it would be cheating them out of the expensive, multi-cultural atmosphere if I wasn't French.
The man ordered a bottle of mid-quality wine. His wife grinned as if he'd bought the most expensive.
Jean smiled, bowed her head a little bit, and left quickly to grab the wine. It was the couples like this that made her waitressing job at "Le Château Rouge" bearable. They were out to have fun and enjoy their night, living up the experience. It was the stiff, old aristocrats that made her job hell.
At least the vampires don't dine here, she thought with a frown. One of the families owned the place, but Jean didn't know which. She didn't really care, either. A lowly employee isn't likely to be introduced to the head of the company, after all.
Jean went about her rounds, smiling warmly at rich tourists and forcing an aloof, uncaring facade upon herself with the more familiar customers.
As the end of her shift drew near, the worst tables, reserved mainly for noisy tourists, went unfilled and the remaining diners began to filter out the door. This was her favorite time at work, when the clamor of the dinner rush was exhausted and only a few tables were still occupied. Those who remained spoke in relaxed tones, sometimes in French, and savored the ending of their meals.

http://www.gaiaonline.com/profiles/3748948/

22Streets of New York Empty Re: Streets of New York Tue Jul 08, 2008 12:55 am

Severin

Severin
Chief of Staff
Chief of Staff

I took the check back and reached for my wallet. Inside were quite a few $100 bills, for tips and the like, but I felt that this place may not be able to break one.

"Here is my debt, please don't try to steal the numbers I have an excellent lawyer. Now about your accusations. I know nothing, and could hardly care about the death of this moon boy. I am however sorry you lost one of your kind in what appears to be such a despicable way."

I paused for a moment and though about how to get at this.

"look, unless it was a rouge vampire I can tell you that it was not Blackwell's fault. I came to ask you if you knew why the humans are stepping up the hunting of our peoples. The government has gotten involved and at least four of my brethren have been lost. Perhaps your moon boy was caught up in all this?"

23Streets of New York Empty Re: Streets of New York Tue Jul 08, 2008 8:32 am

Simba

Simba
Sergeant
Sergeant

Dari was woken up by a loud grumble in her stomach. She covered her arms over it quickly and made a "Shh" Sound, like anyone would do.
She rolled her eyes and walked over to the dumpster. Other people would find rummaging through the garbage is repulsive and unnatural.
Dari was use to it by now, she just kept this phrase going in her mind 'Do anything to survive' As she searches for a small meal.
So, she looked up at the dumpster, hopped up and grabbed the edge of it, pulling herself up. This dumpster didn't smell as bad as others she had raided.
She threw her legs over the edge and hopped into the bottom of it., looking through papers, bottles, broken bottles, and other junk..
'There's got to be something..' she was starting to get a little frustrated, but in the middle of a pile of papers, she found an apple, half eaten, but not rotten all the way through.
She picked it up, and dusted it off lightly. "Might as well." She whispered to herself, sitting on the pile of papers, and eating the foul, yet life giving apple.
In her mind, she thanked God for providing this to her, then wiping off her mouth from the left over juices.
She looked up at the sky, unsure of what to do.
So, she just stood up, dusted herself off a little, and climbed over the steep edge of the dumpster.
Leaning back on her wall, listening to the commotion in the Tavern.

http://www.gaiaonline.com

24Streets of New York Empty Re: Streets of New York Tue Jul 08, 2008 9:57 am

Teare

Teare
Sergeant
Sergeant

Jean waved goodbye to the hostess and quickly began walking to the subway station. It was already dark. She could hear the electronic buzz of the street lamps over the quiet of midnight. No cars passed. The bright circles of lit sidewalk didn't overlap. Jean practically ran in the dark spaces between the street lights.
It was the vampire's time, and she frequently went without protection from the restaurant to her little apartment above the tavern. It was stupid but, in her ignorance, she felt she might put up a fight if she was attacked. Jean carried a switchblade with her at all times, not knowing how useless it really was.
She'd grown up in a small town on the western border of New York state, one with few wolves and no vampires. Once she had been in a fight with a weak, outcast werewolf in the middle of day and, with her hidden switchblade, had somehow won. How much harder could it be fighting off a vampire? She couldn't imagine, and so found comfort in playing with the clasp of her knife.
She jogged down the steps into the subway, bought a ticket from an automated machine, and hopped on the first train going in the right direction.

Last edited by Teare on Tue Jul 08, 2008 11:59 am; edited 1 time in total

http://www.gaiaonline.com/profiles/3748948/

25Streets of New York Empty Re: Streets of New York Tue Jul 08, 2008 10:36 am

frenchgirl

frenchgirl
Major General
Major General

(It is supposed to be a little after ten am...)

(Would it be OK if Simba and Teare made time alterations to their previous posts?

I posted the time because everyone was posting in a way that allowed me to change the time, sorry for the confusion.)

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 9]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum